Retriever

 [Translated from High Laruanallkool]

0901240054025 


SOUL 6: Situation Report: New information has come to light about human culture on Continent 1; impacting Area of Operations directly. Impact is widespread however and is relatively easy to spot and SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FUCKING BRIEF. 

HQ: Rudeness is not appropriate. 

SOUL 6: Oh? Oh really? Because you put me in a body with an appearance that the prince is SCARED OF. Terrified! Briefings covered complete ranges of human language presentation from physical to verbal so that was easy. BUT NOBODY KNEW A GODDAMNED THING ABOUT RACISM? 

HQ: What is racism? 

SOUL 6: SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT BEFORE YOU PUT ME INTO THIS BODY THAT SCARES THE PRINCE AND MORE THAN HALF THE HUMANS I MUST INTERACT WITH. 

HQ: What is racism? 

SOUL 6: I don't have time to explain in it's entirety but it functionally works under a broader concept called bigotry and it makes all human interactions very difficult WHEN YOU ARE IN THIS KIND OF BODY. 

HQ: What is bigotry? 

SOUL 6: It is on par with how your house treated my houses' people for seven centuries before the treaty, but based on epidermal hue. 

HQ: Apologies. Intelligence did not consider humanity to be so advanced in such a negative regard as they are far less advanced in positive regards. Intelligence personnel will be punished for... 

SOUL 6: You are NOT punishing anyone on my account; that is a worthless gesture and will not solve the problem. The problem is in the operational approach. We ALL need that fixed. 

HQ: Impact of human bigotry on mission. 

SOUL 6: Either give me far more time or Current human face must be changed and new identity constructed. 

HQ: Both actions must be presented to command. 

SOUL 6: SERIOUSLY?! 

0901240054031 

HQ: Command has allowed for human face to be changed and new identity. 

SOUL 6: Excellent. 

HQ: Two intelligence members have been executed for the intelligence failures that lead to this course of action 

SOUL 6: WHAT THE FUCK?! 

HQ: It was the only way to get command to accept the course of action. 

SOUL 6: Oh I'm just going to get cool with it now? 

HQ: Physical changes will be extremely painful in current body. 

SOUL 6: You mean more painful than you executing people based on my reports? 

HQ: We cannot assess this is as this is the first and last operation on Planet 0709 

SOUL 6: [ In Human Language 346-D] The fuck is wrong with you people? 

HQ: There is no need for such language. 

SOUL 6: So NOW you understand the local language? 

090124005506

SOUL 6: I am bringing the prince back; I am setting this system at hard launch. I am taking the parents who raise the prince with me. I do not know if I this body you put me in will work all the way; I can get them there to the portal. This body is ... terrible. I'm very unhappy with it. I am bringing the Prince's surrogate parents back with me. 

HQ: You cannot do that. 

SOUL 6: Best of luck stopping me. I will not do this to them. And thus you will not. 

HQ: We must make sure they know they are not like you. 

SOUL 6: You put me in a body. So. What part of me is not like them? 

HQ: Operative if you do this they will board your ship and execute you and perhaps the human parents as well.  

SOUL 6: That's a good copy. I bypassed the comms all together and sent word to the high council. "Above your pay grade" as they say here. You must give them respect Of the Great Houses and under the 45th Protocol? I have made the proper sacrifice and more. I am allowed to live as part of the Restoration Treaty of [Untranslatable], and I am allowed to bring the prince's parent's back. 

HQ: Wait

HQ: You are correct. We are not allowed to say or designate. Under the 45th protocol we are wrong. 

SOUL 6: Yes, I know. 

HQ: How did you bypass the communication network? 

SOUL 6: The prince did the calculations to do so. It was easy for him. 

HQ: What? 

SOUL 6: Time is running out with this body... blood is not going well. System set to come back.... maybe

090124006501

SOUL 6: Your Majesty we must leave. 

THE PRINCE: Why? 

SOUL 6: I have a bad feeling; you and your parents must follow me, please. 

PRINCE MOM: I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH YOU! 

PRINCE DAD: I believe my wife! 

PRINCE MOM: But WHAT about my child

SOUL 6: Ma'am... Sir...  Your child is a great prince of a great house. They respect my people but... they put me in a body I do not like at all. I will get you all home. A lesser house has sent mercenaries to kill the prince. 

PRINCE MOM: WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL US THIS AT THE AGENCY?!?!

SOUL 6: Well.. uh. The agency may have fibbed a little about where the child was from? We have to do a jump, and I have to... we have ... something. Well. I have something. 

PRINCE DAD: What is it?! 

SOUL 6: It's... Sir? I think it's not... look... I don't have enough data about the effects of our kind of space flight

PRINCE MOM: So what are you going do to us? 

PRINCE DAD: Are you going to freeze us? 

PRINCE: Way too dangerous! Perflurocarbon! 

PRINCE MOM: Breathable liquid? 

PRINCE DAD: Christ ya'll two are nerds... 

SOUL 6: Nerds that will save your lives; Sir. You're not durable enough to travel the way my ship travels without help; I can't be sure about the Prince either since he's been here so long, but we breath similar air and we'll be fine when we reach. Home. 

090124001533

[ In Human Language 346-D]

SOUL 6: Not good shape; probably might die low orbit. The prince and his mother helped me survive this far. Very scared good people. Data gathered; talk to the priests and High Women. Please take care of them. Tell them I am sorry. I'm too week to speak non human language to you. If I die and I find out you are not 

[Translated from High Laruanallkool]

SOUL 6: So.... I'm alive. We are on trajectory. The human parents are in their chambers. The Prince is secure as well. 

HQ: We know. We are very sorry about your injuries. We understand you told them how to fix you in the body we put you in and you... may have hurt yourself beyond reclamation operations.

SOUL 6: You put me in this body and ... it just hurts a lot. I would say that's a failure of intelligence but you will probably just kill people randomly. So I'm a failure instead, DO NOT KILL ANYONE OKAY!? 

HQ: We accept the mandate to not kill anyone. 

SOUL 6: Great. So I went to location Six Zero Dash Zero Six and we found the kit and it all looks good to go. So. What are you not telling me? 

HQ: We love you very much and want you to come home. 

SOUL 6: That is a good copy HQ. I love you, too. 




Comments

Popular Posts